Lake Superior

Lake Superior

Monday 7 January 2013

Machine embroidered Feathers!



I have had the idea of this next quilt in my head for weeks now. I purchased the designs "Heather Feather" by Sarah Vedeler and bought some Kona cotton solids fabrics for the project. Both items have been waiting for me to come up with my layout design. Well, I finally figured it out and started yesterday. It's been a while since I have used my brother sewing machine for embroidery but all seems to be going ok. Here are a few pictures. 

The appliqué shapes fused down awaiting the filling stitches

The design takes two hoopings, this picture shows the filler designs during the second hooping.

The finished design - 3 more to go to finish the centre.

Here is a short video showing the machine stitching.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, love the idea.. it'll look great once done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a flawless job lining up the 2nd hooping. I have the Heather Feather dies and designs, as well as the same embroidery machine you have. I am preparing to use the dies on Sarah's Sedona Star quilt.
    ~June in AZ



    ReplyDelete